Thursday, January 20, 2011

Eteaching Tips 2011- 1 : New elearning sites @ UOW


I have had a few enquiries about the eLearning Space, and you know how the story goes, “no matter how minor the question sounds it is probably relevant to others”, so I thought I'd answer some here:-)

Old student discussion posts
Q "I have taken over a subject from a colleague, last year student's posted messages in the "Forum" on eLearning. Do old messages get "wiped clean" each semester, or will I have to do it myself?"
A " By the sounds of it you may be looking at the “old” site from last year. You need to request a copy of the site for your 2011 teaching. You can set up your eLearning Space online firstly Log into the intranet, and go to UOW Intranet Home. On the right hand side, under eLearning@uow, click on Manage my eLearning and select the appropriate option. Once your new site is setup I would be happy to meet with you and assist the setup.

Requesting your eLearning site:
Q “I am new to the Uni, how do I set up my online teaching?”
A “ UOW has many tools available for your online teaching including, lecture recording, videoconferencing and eLearning Space (Blackboard 8). Each faculty has a Learning Designer available to support your eTeaching, they would be happy to meet you and talk about UOW service. Call eTeaching Support on #3683 to ask who to speak to. You can set up your eLearning Space online firstly Log into the intranet, and go to UOW Intranet Home. On the right hand side, under eLearning@uow, click on Manage my eLearning and select the appropriate option.”


Feel free to contact eTeaching Support #3683 or myself for any assistance.
All the best for 2011

--
Wendy Meyers | Learning Designer | Learning Design Unit
Tel: +61 2 4221 3965 | Fax: +61 2 4221 8312 | Email: meyers@uow.edu.au | Physical: Bld 39C:L3:Rm250 University of Wollongong NSW Australia 2522 | Blog: http://coolthingsuow.blogspot.com | eTeaching Support: Tel: +61 2 4221 3683

1 comments:

  1. During the month of February, if you enroll in Accredited Online Training and pay in full for any of our nationally accredited Certificate IV, Diplomas, Dual Certificate IV or Double Diploma courses, you will receive a FREE LAPTOP!

    ReplyDelete

For anonymous posts please leave your email :-)